The Atlantic Association of Registrars and Admissions Officers
AARAO’s mandate is to promote the communication, exchange of information and professional development of its members.
AARAO members are committed to promoting post-secondary education opportunities to students in Atlantic Canada. Members enjoy various privileges such as participating in post-secondary fairs, attending conferences, and accessing professional development.
Please note AARAO Membership is reserved for Atlantic Canadian institutions and organizations
Membership applications are no closed for the Fall tour.
Annual fee: $200
A Full Member institution is defined as a non-profit organization of higher education that has academic autonomy and typically is located in the Atlantic provinces. The level of autonomy should be evident within the governance guidelines of the organization, usually stated within its academic Calendar. Should the matter of autonomy be unclear or in dispute, (i.e. campuses within larger systems that operate with significant levels of independence within the organizational structure) the Executive will make a recommendation to the Association.
All campuses of dual or multi-campus member institutions will be included in the Association’s membership list. Only individuals associated with Full Membership will be eligible to hold office in the Association.
Application for a Full Membership shall be made by submitting the information indicated on the AARAO Membership Form to the Executive (see ‘Become a Member’ link in the side navigation). The Executive will make a decision and will communicate that decision to the membership and give the membership 30 days to respond. Each membership entitles the institution to one vote. Where an institution has more than one campus, it is permitted to have a maximum of two votes provided that it pays the equivalent of a second membership fee.
Annual fee: $100
Associate Membership may be granted to those institutions of higher education which are not eligible for Full Membership, but which are operating on a non-profit basis and are closely identified with the Full Member institutions. It may also be granted to those organizations or agencies which are not eligible for regular membership but are operating on a non-profit basis, and which are closely identified with or provide beneficial services to Full Member institutions. Applications for Associate Membership shall be made by submitting the information indicated on the AARAO Associate Membership Form to the Executive . The Executive will make a recommendation to the Association at the next scheduled meeting. Associate Members do not have voting privileges.
Updated membership form coming soon
Annual fee: $400
Corporate Memberships may be granted to organizations which are ‘for-profit’ and provide educational services and/or products which complement or assist those offered by the Association. In some cases, Corporate Members may be solicited by the Executive Committee if potential applicants are deemed appropriate by the Association.
Applications for Corporate Membership shall be made by submitting this form to the AARAO Executive. The Executive will make a recommendation to the Association at the next scheduled meeting. Corporate Members do not have voting privileges.
- Acadia University
- Canadian Coast Guard College
- Canadian Forces
- Cape Breton University
- College of the North Atlantic
- Crandall University
- Dalhousie University
- Grenfell Campus - Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Holland College
- Jane Norman College
- Marine Institute
- Maritime College of Forest Technology
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Mount Allison University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- New Brunswick Community College
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
- Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education
- Nova Scotia Community College
- Saint Mary's University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- St. Thomas University
- Université de Moncton
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of King's College
- University of New Brunswick, Fredericton Campus, Saint John Campus
- University of Prince Edward Island
- New Brunswick Aboriginal Peoples Council / Indigenous Skills & Employment Training
- Qalipu First Nation
- Academy of Cosmetology
- ASTA Safety Consulting and Training
- Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage
- Atlantic Commercial Diving Centre
- Atlantic Flight Attendant Academy
- Beinn Mhàbu - Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College
- CAM: Institute of Design
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
- Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy
- CBBC Career College
- Class Afloat West Island College International
- East Coast Trades College
- Eastern College
- Elevate Beauty Institute of Cosmetology
- Hair Design Centre School of Cosmetology
- Island Career Academy
- Majestany Institute
- Maritime Business College
- McKenzie College
- Medavie Health Ed
- MFC (Moncton Flight College)
- New Brunswick Automobile Dealers’ Association
- New Brunswick Teen Apprenticeship Coordinator - Department of Education and Early Childhood Development/NBTAP
- Official Languages Programs / Programmes de Langues Officielles
- Oulton College
- Ready Arc
- Rocket Sky 3D Animation School